Since inception over 30 years ago, our partners at Costa Rica Sun Tours (CRST) have been guardians of the land and the people of this Central American country. Their efforts to protect the beautiful land and empower local communities have spread far and wide and they boast being carbon neutral! Over this past season alone, the team has been involved in several dynamic projects including:
- Support of the Green Sea Turtle Conservation program on the Caribbean side of Tortuguero
- Participating in a volunteer program with Olive Ridley Sea Turtles during the nesting season with baby sea turtle release and nurseries in Punta Banco, near Tiskita Lodge
- Tree planting in the central highlands of Los Lotes-Tres Rios, Monteverde, Samara beach and La Fortuna de Arenal
- Building Quetzal artificial nesting boxes in the cloudforest of El Cerro
- Support of the bellbird conservation program in Monteverde
- School visit programs in El Cerro, Tortuguero, Sarapiqui and Quebrada Arroyo
- Donation of goods in conjunction with the Kentucky Country Day School to “Orfanato de La Fortuna” and donation of soccer items equipment to “Escuela de Football” in La Fortuna and Monteverde.
….to name a few!
If you are interested in adding a conservation element to any of your Costa Rica offerings, the inspired team at CRST can make it happen!