September 3rd update:
Ugandan officials have announced that the mandatory COVID-19 testing of all travelers on arrival to Uganda, set to take effect on September 3rd, has been “postponed for two weeks.” Classic Africa Safaris is working to confirm the new date of implementation for this policy and we will update this blog post with new information as it is received. Contact Lyndsay with any questions.
Ugandan officials have announced that beginning September 3, 2021 all travelers arriving into Uganda – regardless of age, vaccination status and country of origin – will be tested for COVID-19 on arrival. This testing is in addition to the required negative PCR COVID-19 test results taken within 72 hrs of boarding the first flight to Uganda. The on-arrival testing requirement, put in place by the MOH, is a concerted effort to continue managing COVID-19 numbers following a very positive report showing a significant and consistent decline in cases after the recent 42-day modified lockdown.
The arrival PCR COVID-19 test will be administered by government accredited labs offering expedited results. Using this online form – completed prior to arrival – the test costs $55 (Classic Africa Safaris (CAS) advises that guests pay in USD cash on arrival). This online system will help ensure that pax avoid long waits in the test facility.
Upon arrival at the EBB airport:
- Travelers will clear customs & immigrations, collect their baggage and find the UTB (Uganda Tourism Board) desk near the exit. VIP meet and greet services are available from CAS – please be sure to request in advance.
- Check in at the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) desk and the UTB representative will locate their online form and connect pax with the CAS guide who will drive them to the test facility. After testing, the CAS guide will take them to their hotel to await results (anticipated wait time approx. 1-2 hrs).
- These services are only available by completing the online form and including all CAS info as noted below under ‘travel agency/company details.’
- CAS advises that passengers complete the form about one week prior to their arrival into EBB.
- Approved waiting hotels include Karibu Guesthouse, The Boma Hotel, Hotel No. 5 and CAS are awaiting confirmation that Protea will be added to this list.
For those travelers not utilizing the online form, the cost will be $65 per test and UTB will not be able to assist to expedite the process on arrival. CAS requests that all of their Uganda travelers complete the online form so that they can best assist them on the ground and liaise with UTB.
You will be further advised if any logistical modifications are required for your specific clients’ onward travels in Uganda. Please don’t hesitate to contact CAS with any questions.
It is important that the form be completed and a copy sent to CAS as your ground handler. Please be sure to add: firstname.lastname@example.org to the form where noted.
Select “Tourism Order” for the correct form!
Use the below details on the form as requested and as stated below:
- Name of Travel Agency/Company:CLASSIC AFRICA SAFARIS LTD
- Tour Operator Number (registration number):1220
- Company Contact Phone: + 256 772 642 527
- Company e-mail address to copy:email@example.com
As previously announced, tourist visas must be secured online, in advance. Airlines will not allow passengers to board without approved visa documents in hand.