Winter is an exciting time in Jackson Hole, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. A destination known for its world class skiing, Jackson Hole and the surrounding region offers winter adventures galore. It is a true winter wonderland and nothing beats the vibrant energy around the town of Jackson as visitors and locals alike anticipate the next snowstorm. The wildlife that congregates in the region in winter is abundant and the winter sports on offer, from snowshoeing to fat tire biking to skiing and more, offer endless opportunities to get out and active. A day trip by snowcoach into Yellowstone’s interior offers a unique opportunity to experience the national park where you can witness the wildlife and famed geothermal features like Old Faithful without the summer crowds. Just some of the many reasons to visit in winter . . .
But here are Gather Away’s Top 5 Reasons to visit Yellowstone (and beyond) in the Winter:
- It’s a true winter wonderland with lots of snow, and beautiful snowy landscapes!
- Concentrated, abundant wildlife in the wintering areas both in Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.
- Great wildlife visibility against the snowy landscape plus the wildlife is visible and active throughout the day.
- No crowds! Old Faithful, the other geothermal features and the Yellowstone interior are INCREDIBLE in winter and you’ll have it to yourself.
- A wide variety of outdoor winter active adventures on offer such as downhill skiing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, dog sledding and more!
Check out Gather Away’s sample winter itineraries – Winter Wildlife in Yellowstone National Park and Winter Wildlife & Adventures in Jackson Hole and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
If you want to learn more about winter adventures in Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole, watch our Winter in Yellowstone webinar below! You’ll learn why winter is indeed, one of the best, if not the best season in Yellowstone for wildlife viewing (and a whole lot more)!