Ultimate Safaris recently introduced The Nest @ Sossus, a extraordinary and truly one-of-its-kind exclusive-use luxury villa near Sossusvlei, Namibia.
Key sales points:
- Exclusive-use only. Accommodates up to 7 guests in three private en-suite double bedrooms and one en-suite children’s room.
- Private guide, private butler and a Michelin star chef deliver top quality service.
- A completely unique architectural and geometrical masterpiece, designed using the unique structure of a Sociable Weaver nest as inspiration.
- 45 minutes drive to the Sossusvlei gate for access to the Sossusvlei dunes and Deadvlei.
- Rate is comparable in high season to top luxury properties in the area but privacy and exclusivity is unmatched.
- Located on the private 24,000 hectare Namib Tsaris Conservancy, home to some of largest concentrations of wildlife in the area, including Oryx, Springbok, Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra, Hartebeest, Giraffe, Bat-eared Fox, and Aardwolf.
- Activities on the Conservancy include nature drives, walks and mountain biking (all included) plus scenic flights by helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft (at additional cost).
Guests at The Nest are immersed into the picturesque landscape of the Namib Desert whilst being hosted on an exclusive, all-inclusive basis by one of the finest handpicked tribes of Journey Magicians in Namibia. Discerning, sophisticated, and discreetly competent management is complimented by one of Namibia’s best naturalist guides and an award-winning and internationally recognized gourmet chef. A private butler helps to ensure that guests are cared for with an absolute focus on high quality service, and this compliments the overall experience which includes very memorable ‘wining and dining’. The Nest @ Sossus only offers the finest, and it is set to benchmark a new level of hospitality at iconic and exclusive private retreats in Namibia.
The Nest was designed by Porky Hefer, one of Africa’s most awarded creative personalities, created by landscape conservationist Swen Bachran, and decorated by the up and coming Maybe Corpaci. Built almost entirely from thatch, roof to floor, The Nest is an architectural and geometrical masterpiece.
Stylish modern minimalist furnishings compliment large spacious living areas including outdoor and indoor lounge and dining areas, an open-plan library, and an open-plan kitchen. Both contemporary and mid-20th century pieces coexist harmoniously, with most furniture being sourced in Africa from both established and up and coming African designers. Doktor & Misses, Mia Wildlake’s Studio 19, Douglas & Co, Bofred Cape Town, Jo Carlin, Diana Ceramics, Mungo Design, Hay & Tadition, Flos and Muuto are just some of the creators of pieces utilized in The Nest @ Sossus.
Outside areas have art installations from Angus Taylor and others on display, along with a discreet children’s playground, large pool and a variety of sitting areas set under ancient camelthorn trees. Outdoor furnishings include pieces from Italian based Moroso, designed by Marc Thorpe, Sebastian Herkner and Jonathan Levien. Local Namibian artisans also manufactured a number of custom pieces, made both locally and on site, whilst some of the best quality Namibian granite was used for table tops and other features.
The Nest @ Sossus made the cover of the November issue of Conde Nast Traveller UK along with a multi-page feature in the November issue of Wallpaper Magazine, and a December feature in Travel & Leisure. Based on the media interest in this property we believe there is something special in the making here!