Great news from Uganda as the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) have announced that discounted gorilla permits will be available from December 1, 2020 through March, 31 2021! The discounted rate applies to newly booked permits only and cannot be applied to rescheduled/postponed or previously purchased permits. Travel dates must be within the same date range – completed by March, 31 2021. This is the perfect opportunity for those travelers who can pick up and go now and get to experience Uganda without the crowds.
- Gorilla permits are reduced from USD$700 to USD$400
- Chimp permits are reduced from USD$200 to USD$150
- 50% discount on park entrance fees for Lake Mburo NP, Queen Elizabeth NP, Kidepo NP, Murchison Falls NP and others.
This itinerary from Classic Africa Safaris takes advantage of special permit pricing, as well as excellent low season rates and the Stay 5/Pay 4 special from Volcanoes Safaris’ at Bwindi Lodge and Kyambura Gorge Lodge. In addition to gorilla trekking, guests have the chance to trek to see chimps, enjoy the incredible wildlife in Queen Elizabeth National Park, enjoy a variety of safe and thoughtful cultural activities and more.
Visit the Kusini Travel Trade area (log-in required) for nett pricing and additional details on this special itinerary, internal flights and extra activities.
QENP + Bwindi Stay/Pay offer (March 2021), discounted park fees & gorilla permits
- Day 01. Arrive EBB, transfer 15 mins to Hotel No. 5 (luxury room). B&B
- Day 02. Fly to Kasese, meet CAS vehicle, afternoon game drive or lodge-based activities: bee-keeping project, coffee co-op, buffer zone hike, etc. o/n Kyambura Gorge Lodge (std banda). BLD
- Day 03. Optional Kyambura Gorge hike (chimps) OR lion tracking with UCP and afternoon private Kazinga Channel boat launch (sunbird), o/n Kyambura Gorge Lodge (std banda). BLD
- Day 04. Transfer to Bwindi, via Ishasha sector game drive, with packed lunch. Late afternoon lodge activities, o/n Bwindi Lodge (std banda) BLD
- Day 05. Gorilla trekking, o/n Bwindi Lodge (std banda) BLD
- Day 06. Gorilla trekking or Batwa experience or free day, o/n Bwindi Lodge (std banda) BLD *FOC night with Stay 5/Pay 4 special offer
- Day 07. Transfer 1.5 hrs to Kihihi, fly to EBB, transfer to Hotel No. 5 on arrival, COVID test (payable direct) and overnight Hotel No. 5 (lux room) BL
- Day 08. Await test results, airport transfer for departure (day room available at additional cost, as needed). B&B
Consider adding an optional hike in the beautiful Kyambura Gorge, lion tracking in Queen Elizabeth National Park or a cultural experience with the Batwa. You can also now pre-pay for gorilla porter services, leaving your travelers with one less item to think about during their travels.
Uganda continues to successfully manage COVID-19 and maintains all necessary precautions and protocols for international travelers. Tourism is at the heart of Uganda’s conservation efforts and the UWA and CAS want to extend a huge thanks to all partners and travelers. Your efforts are the reason Classic are able to continue offering unique travel experiences and working to keep the mountain gorillas safe.